Tuesday, March 4, 2014

March Fourth

This morning I  was getting the kids ready for school, I glanced at Facebook and read a post of a great writer-friend from college. She shared a quote from Harry Connick Jr, "Today is the only day of the year that means 'go forward' - March 4th."

And with that, I was inspired. I thought about how time marches on unforgivingly. How seemingly in  the blink of an eye, my first baby is now 11 and the twins are five. Time marched on as I was getting the children evaluations, going to OT appointments, visiting the Behavioral Psychologists, and making incentive charts. 

Time passed with every book I read to the kids, every tea party, soccer game, hockey practice and with every time-out and meltdown. 

I thought about how much time has passed since we left our home in New Jersey to start a new chapter in Maryland. In August it will be four years and although there are still boxes we haven't unpacked, I can finally say that everything has fallen into place and we have a good life here. We have friends, people we can count on, great doctors, and a great Autism & special needs Community.  I am finally teaching yoga again and it will just keep getting better.

So today, on March Fourth, I am inspired to March forth and be mindful about the swift passage of time.  I will remain steadfast in my belief that each one of my children, regardless of their issues, will grow up to be nothing short of amazing. And, I will continue to believe that each day has the capacity for greatness, and make will make it my mission to find and share it. 

Sometimes, inspiration is just a Facebook post away.

So march forth friends, because St. Patrick's day is right around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think and what you've experienced.

A Letter to the parent of the child that beat mine up

  Dear Parent of the child that beat mine,  I want to tell you how your child's actions have affected my family. For some reason, whatev...