Wednesday, March 20, 2013

It Wasn't Me


All the evidence may point to me, but it wasn't me. Lying? Me? I'm way too cute for that, aren't I?I was walking through my family room,  headed toward the kitchen and noticed a puddle on the kitchen floor. A second later, twin R runs by me sans pants. "Did you have an accident?" I asked her, she looked at me, smiled and said, "No, S did it." She is not wearing pants and didn't she just tell me 10 minutes ago that she had an accident and I told her to change? Oh no, she didn't just throw her sister under the bus. I gave her the paper towels to clean up the puddle and went upstairs to check on the accused and yes, she was dry.

They have reached the age of deniability. They have realized that they are held accountable for the things that can be proven and what they admit to. Having several siblings to point the finger at is considered an advantage; because you have so many possible suspects. My husband, an only child, has yet to experience the "I didn't do it" when everyone in the room is saying it at the same time.

I am going to miss it when their poker faces become refined. Currently, I am able to tell by the tone of their voices or their facial expressions if they are guilty. If I am able to carry that skill into their teenage years, then I will consider myself very lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think and what you've experienced.

A Letter to the parent of the child that beat mine up

  Dear Parent of the child that beat mine,  I want to tell you how your child's actions have affected my family. For some reason, whatev...